Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourtrax Plug Boot Replacement


All parts wear out overtime, it is just a fact of nature. However if you are not educated on how to find aftermarket replacements you could end up paying too much. This is the case with the TRX300 plug wire boot. The actual part is most likely referred to as a resistor cap.

Rather than purchase a Honda replacement for $20 I decided to search around and see what I could find cheaper. Guess what? I did.

Mind you when I say cheaper I don't mean lesser quality either. This resistor cap is hard plastic with rubber weather boots on it as opposed to the factory soft rubber boot. It is also manufactured by NGK the same company Honda recommends for spark plugs.

So you are probably wondering how to find this part. Well it is called a VD05F Spark Plug Cap #8052. I found mine online and $2.76 + shipping. That is a far cry from the $20 the dealership wants.

Guess what? It works great also. I have put plenty of time on it and haven't had a single problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment